Expedition Church is active in our community, seeking to build relationships and partner with others to share the love of God and help make our community a better place to live.
Though we are actively seeking to impact our community for Christ as a local church body, we also believe that highly effective ministry in the community happens when individuals and families sense God calling them to SHARE His love with others whom they encounter as they travel through life.
We do all we can to encourage, equip and empower people to consistently minister to and SHARE God with others.
We believe that God is at work all around us all the time and that He was work prepared for each of us to do (Ephesians 2:10). We encourage those at Expedition to maintain a constant prayerful attitude and alertness to ministry opportunities that God puts in their path daily.
For more information on upcoming Community Ministry outreach efforts at Expedition, send a request to email@example.com or go to the Events & Programming page on our website.
Below are some things we have done and are doing as a church in the community:
- Helping out with S.P.L.A.S.H. Bartow. S.P.L.A.S.H. stands for “Show People Love And Share Him.” It is an annual multi-church, multi-denominational, local missions effort in July to serve our community and share God’s love with people. In July, 2012, there were 450 teenagers and over 300 adults who participated in S.P.L.A.S.H.
- Helping staff the annual Bartow Give A Kid A Chance (BGAKAC) event. BGAKAC is a collaborative effort of churches and non-profit organizations that provides families in need with school supplies and services such as free haircuts, vision/dental/hearing screenings, and some basic clothing to help kids get a great start with each new school year.
- Hosting try-outs for the “Every Child Is A Star” student talent show that raises funds for the non-profit organization Advocates for Children.
- Supporting and collecting Christmas gift boxes for Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Helping to prepare and serve food at DJs Trailer Park in Cassville.
- Helping to serve food to the homeless in Atlanta with Second Genesis Ministries.
- Ministry to the residents at Fite Living Centre, an assisted living home in Cartersville.
- Ongoing volunteer efforts serving at the Friendship Table feeding ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Cartersville.
- Collecting cans of food for local food pantries
- Contributing financially to Heaven Skates skateboarding ministry
- Ringing the Salvation Army red kettle bell at Christmas time
- Helped repaint the exterior of the Women’s Resource Center
- Helping out at school fall and spring festivals
- Christmas caroling to the residents of several assisted living homes in Bartow County.
- Helping distribute food near Thanksgiving with the Bread of Life ministry
- Collected supplies for the Steps of Faith Dance Studio mission trip to Trinidad.